“There’s no such thing as knowledge management;
there are only knowledgeable people.
Information only becomes knowledge
in the hands of someone
who knows what to do with it.”
– Peter Drucker
- April 18, 2017, OWF’s Steve Malers presents the CDSS SNODAS Tools to the State of Colorado’s Water Availability Task Force (WATF).
- April 7, 2017, OWF’s Steve Malers presents “Use Your Tech for the Environment” at the Fossil Ridge High School Environmental Leadership Conference.
- March 22. 2017 – OWF’s Steve Malers provides an update on Colorado Water Conservation Board (CWCB) projects at the March 22 CWCB Board Meeting
- January 25, 2017 – OWF’s Steve Malers presents at the Colorado Water Congress Annual Convention: Open Water Information
- November 17, 2016 – OWF’s Steve Malers presents at the Colorado Foundation for Water Education, Water Educator Network Symposium: “Innovative Water Education in the 21st Century: Visual Storytelling, using technology to share Colorado’s Water Stories, Water Data Visualization”
- August 23-24, 2016 – OWF’s Steve Malers presents at the Colorado Water Congress Conference Stream Management Plan workshop on “Step 5 – Existing Data Collection, Data as a Platform.”
- November 16-19, 2015 – OWF’s Steve Malers presented at the American Water Resources Association 2015 Annual Water Resources Conference in Denver, CO. “Using Open Data and Software in Water Resources to Drive Transparency and Innovation”
- October 6-8, 2015 – OWF’s Steve Malers will attend the Sustaining Colorado’s Watersheds conference in Avon, CO and will present “Water Education through Stories Using Open and Big Data”
- September, 2016 – The September/October newsletter for the Colorado Water Institute titled “Reaching Higher – Implementing the Colorado Water Plan’s Goals for Stream Management” is published and contains an article written by OWF’s Steve Malers: “Finding, Analyzing, and Presenting Data for Stream Management Plans”
- August 19, 2016 – The July/August newsletter for the Colorado Water Institute titled “Water Data” is published and contains an article written by OWF’s Steve Malers: “Open Data for Water Resources: How Open Can We Go?”
- September 17, 2015 – OWF public input to Colorado Water Plan submitted.
- September 2, 2015 – OWF public input on Northern Integrated Supply Project (NISP) Supplemental Draft EIS submitted.
- July 1, 2015 – The Colorado Water Institute releases the report for the Poudre Water Sharing Work Group, which investigated the potential for agricultural and municipal water sharing in the Poudre River Basin in Colorado. OWF was a member of the consulting team focusing on data collection. View the report here: http://www.cwi.colostate.edu/other_files/Whats_New/PWS_Final_Report_5-15-15.pdf.
- April 17, 2015 – South Platte Basin Implementation Plan (BIP) released. OWF led the effort to implement the Stream Mile Representation Framework, a new approach for representing stream segments for data analysis. See the full BIP report here: http://www.southplattebasin.com
- November 2014 – Steve Malers and James VanShaar present “Moving from Manager to Leader – Secrets of Success” at the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) Colorado Entrepreneur Series.
- January 2014 – OWF starts South Platte/Metro Basin Implementation Plan project that will provide input to the Colorado Water Plan. Read more...